Basic mechanical knowledge is a vital part of providing any kind of bike ride or cycling activity. Bike Hub’s Basic Maintenance course gives you the skills you need to prepare bikes safely for riding, and to fix the most common problems that occur during the course of a ride – on or off the road.
The course is hands-on. You’ll be working on bikes, getting your hands dirty and learning by doing.
MIAS Cycle FIT Maintenance Course Award
- Cycle Maintenance Level 1 – Introductory Skills (16 hours)
- Cycle Maintenance Level 2 – Developing Skills (8 hours)
- NVQ standard level one award through the Awarding Body Consortium. It is designed for trainers within the cycling world, who require a basic knowledge on cycle adjustment. The instructor after completing the course will have basic knowledge of how to correctly size the cycle for the client and do a pre ride inspection to ensure the cycle is in working order.
- Cycle Maintenance Level 3 – Consolidating Skills (16 hours)
- The Cycle FIT Course Level One and Three is of 16 hour duration and is an NVQ equivalent standard level one award for Level One and an NVQ standard level two award for Level Three. These two courses are delivered exactly in the same way, the difference being in the assessment process. Those students during assessment require additional support in order to achieve, will be graded at the first level. Those students who complete tasks etc, unaided will be awarded level 3. Delivery of the train the trainer course is through MIAS Level Four Cycle maintenance Tutor
- £255 per person
- 2 day (9am to 5pm)
- Location: Rugeley, Staffordshire