These mountain bike skills courses, are available to anyone over the age of 12.
However, any participant under the age of 18, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.The aim of this course is to introduce the participant to the foundation techniques required in off-road mountain biking. Completion of this course, will equip the participant with the skills necessary to successfully ride many of the permissible natural and purpose-built trails in the UK and Europe The course will develop the rider’s ability and confidence and will also introduce and reinforce safety awareness.
What experience you will need…
No off-road experience is necessary. Throughout this course, you will benefit from first-class instruction by a qualified mountain bike instructor, developing your skills alongside people at a similar level and great off- road riding at this excellent venue.
Your fitness level…
Off-road riding is by its very nature is more demanding than, say, riding along a canal or road. You will need a basic level of fitness which can be gained by a few aerobic work-outs per week on the run-up to the course: riding outdoors, stationary bike or spinning classes are perfect. Remember riding a bike develops specific muscle groups over a specific range which other forms of aerobic work-outs might not. If you are unsure of your fitness levels please contact us, we are always happy to help. This said, by their nature, the courses are instruction orientated where techniques are demonstrated and explained in detail; all participants will then attempt and re-attempt the techniques to optimise individual skill levels.
On the Day…
Skill courses start at 9am or 1pm and finish at approx. midday or 4pm. They are a great way of getting started in mountain biking and improving mountain-biking skills.
- - Any well serviced mountain bike with off road tyres will be adequate but front suspension would be an advantage.
- - All participants must provide their own mountain bikes, which must be in good working order.
- - It is strongly recommended that the bike be fully serviced by a competent person prior to the course.
- - Further details/directions, will be emailed on receipt of your booking
What you will learn…
The course will cover the following, in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Basic Taster Skills Session (1 hr) - £10 per person (min of 3)
- Body weight & positioning
- Descending & ascending
- Drop Offs
- Roll Offs
Full Skills Session (3hrs) - 1 on 1 £70, Group £35 per person (min of 2)
- Includes taster session plus
- Riders Health & Safety
- Riders risk assessment
- Bike Choice and equipment to carry
- Setting-up your Bike
- Gear selection
- Bunny Hops & jumps
- Riding Line choice in differing conditions
- Riding Technical sections
- Approaching trees, roots, rocks, stumps, ditches & boardwalk.
- Optional :-
- Emergency, bike trail repairs
We tailor make the full skills session around you. To find out more please call Dave on: 07739 041843